Online Customer Service Makes Happy Customers And Happy Customers Are Loyal Customers
Providing great customer service is critical when it comes to customer retention. People only want to do business with people they like and trust and one of the best ways you can achieve that is by providing great customer service and by being available to them on-demand whenever they need help.
Did you know…
- 86% of consumers quit doing business with a company because of one bad customer experience. That percentage is actually increasing and last I checked, it’s up 59% in just the last 4 years.
- 91% of these unhappy customers will not willingly do business with your organization again. So when you lose a customer due to poor customer service you will most likely never see them again.
And here’s a great one about cost that you probably already know…
- Attracting a new customer costs you 5 times as much as it does keeping an existing one.
So many companies get physically, financially and sometimes technologically overwhelmed with providing customer service, that they just give up and deal with it by actually hiding from their customers. I think everyone here can agree that this is a failing strategy, yet there are tons of companies and small businesses that continue to do this and wonder why they keep losing customers year after year.
There is a way to keep overhead down while providing great customer service, but you need to adapt your thinking and processes.
- 86% of consumers quit doing business with a company because of a bad customer experience, up from 59% 4 years ago
Source:Harris Interactive, Customer Experience Impact Report
- 91% of unhappy customers will not willingly do business with your organization again
Source:Lee Resource Inc.
- Attracting a new customer costs 5 times as much as keeping an existing one
Source: Lee Resource Inc.